Monday, August 22, 2011

Outside Lands Dia 3


tUnE  yArDs

Latyrx


Julieta Venegas

Major Lazer



Little Dragon

Beirut







Deadmou5


The third day had a stellar line up starting with  tUnE-yArDs who had one of the best sets of the day. She had the whole Sutro stage dancing to her performance, she even said, “It was the biggest crowd they’ve ever play for” there is something about this girl that puts you in great energy. I pretty much spent the whole day at the Sutro stage checking out Bay Area’s Latyrx, Julieta Venegas who had a great afternoon set even though she had a few sound issues throughout her performance most notably when she invited Ana Tijoux to perform “Eres Para Mi”. Later I headed out to check Major Lazer’s performance that I’ve been meaning to see for a long time, as well as, Little Dragon and Beirut who is one of my favorite live acts out there and their late Sunday afternoon didn’t fall short as they performed classics like Nantes and songs from their new album “The Rip Tide”. One of the things I loved about this festival was the lack of conflicts because by the end I’ve got to see a good chunk of Deadmou5’and Arcade Fire’s set in its entirety. I’ve never seen them live and they are by far the best rock band out there right now. Their performance was a great end to a festival that after this year has become one of the best out there.




No comments: