Thursday, August 18, 2011

OUTSIDE LANDS FESTIVAL 2011 DIA 2




Ana Tijoux


Ximena Sarinana
The Vaccines









Mexican Institute of Sound (DJ SET)


Black Keys

The second day had a different energy, the line up was extraordinary and the weather was nice and sunny. The first artist I saw was Chilean rapper Ana Tijoux who opened the Twin Peaks Stage with a full band. Although it was a bit early and not a lot of people were there to see her, she had everyone enjoying her sounds. Saturday also provided the opportunity to checkout new music that really surprised me. First, The Vaccines, then STRFKR who both performed great sets. The Mexican Institute of Sound (DJ Set) was by far the coolest at the Heineken dance tent. He managed to mix cumbia , 90s hip-hop and some of his own tracks that had every one dancing. As the sun started setting the sets got better and better. I got to check out Arctic Monkeys (I was surprised they didn’t played "Fake Tales of SF"), The Black Keys, and Muse. To end things I headed down to see Girl Talk, who even though I’m not a big fan I can’t deny GT’s mash-ups had me dancing until the festival ended. Check out highlights from day 2.


Ana Tijoux



Mexican Institute Institute of Sound (Dj set)

No comments: