Wednesday, August 17, 2011

OUTSIDE LANDS FESTIVAL 2011 DIA 1






The Joy Formidable 

Phantogram

                                                                 MGMT

 Best Coast




This weekend I headed down with my friends to The Outside Lands Music and Arts Festival that took place this weekend at the beautiful Golden Gate Park. This year the lineup was very impressive with acts that catered to pretty much everyone. On Friday, the weather was the typical San Francisco cold with a breeze over the park that made everyone layer. But, it was fun listening to great acts such as The Joy Formidable, which I got to see for a bit at Coachella but this time I wanted to catch their full set and the only thing I can say is that they sound so energetic. Then, waited for Phantogram, who has become one of my favorite acts this year and this time they played a really good set with a couple of new song from their upcoming EP out this fall. One of the biggest let downs of the whole festival was of course Big Boi who kept us waiting for over an hour and never performed. MGMT sounded great! I love their sound and they performed a great set playing my favorites songs including “Weekend Wars”. Then, as the sun started setting I went to check out Best Coast at the Panhandle Stage. They definitely were a highlight on Friday even though singer Bethany Consentino had a cold that night. Check out a few video highlights from day 1.


The Joy Formidable


Phantogram


Best Coast

 




No comments: