Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Weekend at Treasure Island Music Festival 2013


ADULT 




ROBERT DELONG 


DANNY BROWN








IO ECHO GUYS




A few weeks ago I went to my last festival of the year: Treasure Island Music Festival, located in an island overlooking the beautiful San Francisco skyline and the two bridges. This festival is such a treat; not only because it is carefully curated per day,  Saturday, mostly focused on electronic/dance/hip-hop acts and Sunday mostly on Indie/Rock/Punk. This is my fifth year attending the festival and this year the line-up was not as impressive compared to last year (The XX, M83, The Presets, Grimes and Gossip) but the acts grew on me as I saw them live. This year the acts that I enjoyed the most (and I recommend you check out if you get the chance) for Saturday were Atoms for Peace, Disclosure, Phantogram and Adult. The Sunday line-up was amazing with new bands such as Palma Violets, Japandroids, and more established acts such as Beck and Animal Collective (which had the best visuals I've seen in a long time) but overall my favorites on Sunday were James Blake and STRFKR they were  simply unbelievable!  

The great thing about this boutique festival is that unlike a  Coachella or Bonnaroo, the crazy set conflicts are nonexistent, you pretty much get to see everyone. The only negative was of course the drop in temperature after the sun went down, but hey, the music and good time with friends made it all worth it. 

Beck and Jelly Fish!

IO ECHO



DISCLOSURE



HAIM


JAPANDROIDS



No comments: