In only a few days every music lover will make their yearly pilgrimage to Indio, California for the Coachella Music and Arts Festival. What makes Coachella the Disneyland of music festivals is obviously the amazing lineups, the wonderful weather and of course the amazing street-style that we all enjoy. And since we wait a whole year for Coachella, when it finally gets here, the best thing to do is not to worry and just have the best time. Here are a few tips to enjoy this music filled weekends:
1. Set Conflicts: Don’t worry about them, there are three or four stages going on at the same time. Of course there are going to be a few set conflicts but the best way to deal with that is to choose the set that will be hard to see in the near future, perhaps you can catch Disclosure or The Head and The Heart at another festival or a private show in your city.
2. Fashion and Style: Whether you like to be unique in your fashion sense or be a festival clone, my only advice is to be comfortable and prepared. I have seen so many festivalgoers suffer because they were unprepared for the sudden changes in weather (it’s the desert after all). Believe it or not, in 2012, the temperature dropped and it rained right after sunset. So, the best way to handle weather changes is to be prepared. Finally, a key tip is comfortable footwear. Whether you are wearing sneakers, boots or sandals, the shoe must be comfortable, as there is plenty of walking and dancing during Coachella.
3. Partying in the Sun: It’s Coachella, and we will all be enjoying ourselves, having the best time with our friends, but the best way to do it is by taking good care of oneself, starting with the skin. Besides a good sunblock; products like Biotherm’s High Recharge Eye Shot or Kiehl’s Facial Fuel will be your skin’s best friend after hours of heavy sun exposure and late evenings.
4. Getting a Good Spot at a Show: There will be sets that will be jam packed during Coachella. Besides the headliners, I can predict that Lana Del Rey, Disclosure, and Skrillex are going to be nearly impossible to see. The best way to secure a good spot is to set up camp right after the previous act is done. This will ensure a decent spot to enjoy your must see bands. Very important, enjoy the show and put the phone away; believe me, I am guilty of this as well.
5. Lastly, Basic Mob Recommends: Acts making their Coachella debut this weekend. They are so good you should definitely check them out. If you don't believe me, just click away.
James Vincent McMarrow